The rules of etiquette in the dance world are essential to the development of all dancers. Whether you're entirely new to dance or a seasoned veteran, please review our etiquette standards below, and contact us if you have any questions.
Every student is to be appropriately dressed for dance and is expected to behave throughout the facility in a disciplined, responsible, and courteous manner. Excessive talking or unfriendly behavior is not conducive to a healthy learning environment.
Art in Motion Dance Studio reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose attitude, attendance, or conduct is found unsatisfactory.
- No gum or food allowed in classroom. Bottled water allowed.
- Cell phones will be collected at the beginning of class and returned end of class. Unless they are driving. we recommend cell phones stay home or in the car.
- Most months a newsletter will be distributed containing important information at A.I.M. Letters will be in the lobby, posted on website or emailed, upon request. Parents / Guardians are responsible for, all, information in the newsletters.
- Do not enter Dance room while in session.
- Students who run late to class or absent, call the studio. Our secretary will inform the teacher.
- Our staff will, always, be respectful, helpful, courteous and patient. We expect the same from our students and parents.
- Mandatory- Adult escort their child to lobby start of class and pick up their child at studio back door, end of class. A staff member will, always, be with your children when entering and exiting the building.
We follow the Columbia County School Calendar. Classes cancelled due to Columbia County Board of Education will not be made up and, unforeseen, studio closings will be posted on our website. Tuition will not be prorated.
In order to avoid payment of the next month's tuition, you must cancel class enrollment, by phone or email, within 10 days of the next month.
All classes must have a minimum amount of students to remain active. Art in Motion reserves the right to drop or create any class, at any time, due to low or high enrollment. Parents will be notified in a timely manner, and best efforts will be made to accommodate those students affected by the change in schedule.
If we offer another class equal to the class your child is enrolled in, you may make up that class through December. If a child misses a class due to, personal, reasons tuition is, still, due in full.
In January, we begin teaching each class their recital dances, and do not permit make up classes after December.
Delinquent accounts with unpaid balances may not make up missed classes until the unpaid balance is addressed.
- All dancers must wear appropriate shoes and dancewear for specified class; specific styles and colors (as designated in supply list below)
- Hair pulled into a bun, ponytail or half up/half down.
- Dance shoes color & style, listed below, are required for our Annual Recital. If your dancer, currently, has a different style or color and they fit; they are welcome to use their dance shoes in class.
We will have a dance treasure chest in our lobby for those of you who wish to donate dance shoes you no longer need. The shoes will be available to our students. We ask you to place donated shoes in clear baggie and mark size shoe on baggie. Feel free to donate or take shoes from our treasure chest during the dance year. THANK YOU, in advance, to those who donate!
- Bloch Bootie shoes permitted (for warm up only)
- Sweaters/warm-up attire may be worn at the beginning of class
- Leotard any style or color may be worn with or without a skirt
- Tights for recital will be Jazzy Tan (color) Body Wrappers (brand). Any color or style may be worn in class.
- Dance leggings/Capri pant or shorts any color or style permitted.
- Street cloths are permitted for Hip Hop, only.
- Pre-K (ages 3-5) Kinderdance I & II:
- Ballet: Pink leather, preferably without vamp string, any style
- Tap: Tan Capezio Mary Jane
- 6 years and up Ballet/Tap/Jazz/Technique
- Ballet: (6 yrs & up) pink ballet slipper, any brand
- Tap: (6 yrs & up) Tan Tap lace up Oxford
- Jazz: (6 yrs & up)Tan Jazz Boot any brand
- Technique: Ballet slipper or lyrical sandal, any brand.
- Hip Hop: Requires tennis shoes that are, not, worn as street shoes (due to damaging the floor), and clothes that are easy to move in.